Friday 1 August 2014

Double Yellow Lines

You can safely say summer is here (how many times have you read that?!)
To be honest with you, the British summer isn't something to rave on about, one minute its sunny and the next its cloudy and rainy, so normally the second I see an ounce of sun, the shorts are on and the sunglasses are out! I like to make the most of my summer and this surprisingly good weather that we are currently experiencing means that I can leave my house knowing that I don't need an umbrella!

I am going on holiday to Cuba in a couple of days, so I am rushing around getting those all important last minute bits, but I set aside a day for me to go up to London and visit the 'Sensational Butterfly' Exhibition at the Natural History Museum. Damien Hirst has always been an artist that has fascinated me, and a lot of his work in centred around nature, especially butterflies. So this prompted me to almost experience a world of butterflies and the 'Sensational Butterfly' exhibition seemed like the perfect way to  submerse myself with these beautiful insects.
I would really recommend the exhibition it was like nothing I have ever experienced before and was such an insight to the life of a butterfly. *TIP* it gets very hot in there, so wear minimal clothing!


It was so hot in the butterfly sanctuary!

Is it lucky if a butterfly lands in your hair?!

To me, a day in London isn't complete without a trip to an art exhibition. We are so lucky to have so many different variety of galleries in London and I think its something that our generation doesn't make the most of! I decided to visit the Photographers Gallery which is just off Oxford Street. The exhibition is free (but you have to leave a donation) and the reason I like it so much there is that it is never that busy. You can take your time and look at the images without having someone breathing down your neck! I am going to share with you my favourite piece of work!

I don't know why I liked this image so much, it just caught my eye for some strange reason. The photographer is named John Lyon

What I Wore



                 
Co Ord- H&M
Vest Top- Urban Outfitters
Belt- M&S
Shoes- M&S
Sunglasses- River Island

**************************************************************







Hat- Topman
T Shirt- All Saints
Waist Coat- Zara
Jeans- Zara
Shoes- Russell & Bromley

No comments

Post a Comment