Sunday 17 August 2014

Fresh As A Daisy

I very briefly really mentioned this, but if you read my blog you would know that I actually went to the Butterfly Sanctuary before I went on holiday. You are properly thinking to yourselves, 'well yes what does that have to do with this blog post', well let me explain.

I actually styled a photo shoot before I went on holiday to Cuba entitled 'Pollen Cycle'. Now whenever I style a shoot I like to choose a topic/look/decade and submerse myself with whatever I have chosen. When I do this I feel that my shoots are more original and I feel that my ideas come more organically and there is no limit to my creativity and ultimately I want my shoots to feel more real and personal to whoever is looking at my work.

So the shoot I most recently styled was all about the cycle of life within nature. Personally, I think that the most interesting life cycle of an animal within the Animal Kingdom is a Butterfly. I find it amazing how you actually witness it involving and changing, so when I decided on doing a shoot based on life cycles, I knew exactly where to start and that was at the Butterfly Sanctuary at the Natural History Museum. 



After visiting the Sanctuary I was so inspired by everything, so I decided to carry on  researching into the life cycles of humans and animals. This then brought me to the cycle of weather and how different emotions are attached to each season. The next thing I decided to do was create a mood board and come up with a name for the shoot I was proposing to do. Im not going to bore you with a step-by-step guide of what I did after I created my mood board, but I really wanted to share with you my thought process and give you a little insight to what I do.
Watch the video below for Behind The Scenes from my shoot!


Mood Board



Behind The Scene Video

 

No comments

Post a Comment